Tuesday, June 7, 2011

High School Images by Alyssa


I did the same comparison with high school age cartoons.
I looked at Diara and Total Drama Island
Diara

Total Drama Island

I looked at the girls in both shows:
When going to either punk/not cool girl or Ms. Popular, all are thin
but you can see people who look like this in real life.  
Unlike in Diara, these body shapes are abnormal  and to look like
this would be impossible and unhealthy. What is also interesting is
the 'goth' girl and the popular girl have the exact same body.
Only clothing and style is different.



I found similar themes with the images for boys.
I tried to find images of both the punk-y boy and the 'pretty boy' with his shirt half open
     



Similar extreme body distortion is applied. The boys in Total Drama Island have large pec muscles and emphasized abs. While in Diara, this is not the case.






No comments:

Post a Comment